Keeping our environmental impact as low as possible in our manufacturing processes is a key part of our corporate environmental strategy.
- All Arjobex production sites comply with ISO 14001 environmental standards.
- We have our own water treatment plants to handle the water used in our processes. Our waste water is therefore already clean when it leaves our production sites.
- Our manufacturing process does not use ozone-depleting substances such as CFCs.
- Our manufacturing process does not include any dangerous or polluting components.
Health and Safety
In addition to complying with the ISO 14001 EMS standards, Arjobex has taken the following health and safety initiatives:
- Polyart components are fully compliant with the following legislation dealing with heavy metals:
- The 1994 standard of the Coalition of Northeastern Governors’ Model Toxic (CONEG).
- Part 3 of the 10988 European EN71 standard stipulating upper limits for toys and film coatings.
- The requirements set out in the EC directive 94/62/EC relating to packaging waste.
- Polyart does not contain phthalate.
- Polyart does not contain chlorine or other halogens.
- When incinerated under the right conditions, Polyart is non-toxic and does not produce dioxins or other highly toxic materials.
Conserving Our Natural Resources and Sustainability
Polyart’s unique characteristics also contribute to resource conservation and sustainability.
- Polyart has no impact on forest resources.
- The Polyart manufacturing process uses five times less water that traditional paper production, thus preserving water resources.
- Polyart has a long service life in its applications (maps, tags and manuals, for example), thus reducing the need for source materials.
- Polyart can be printed using vegetal oil-based inks made from soy, a completely renewable product.
Arjobex respect for the environment is an integral part of the company strategy.
So, for your synthetic paper needs, choose Polyart and become part of our comprehensive approach to sustainable development.
For more information, please contact us.